This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginning to Print an R2 on a CR-10S Pro
Hello,

I have just received a Creality CR-10S Pro yesterday.

This is my first foray into 3d printing and I know there is a bit of a steep learning curve.

I assembled my printer and started setting it up, but ran into a few problems.  First of all....I have yet to find a really good source for reliable setup information that is easy to understand for a new operator. The information seems to be spread out all over the place...and there is a fair amount of crap information that doesn't work or just doesn't make sense.  

Problems I have run into so far:

A wheel attaching the bed to the frame wasn't even touching the rails...had to adjust it by trial and error because I have no idea how it is supposed to adjust...some sort of eccentric nut?  It touches now...but I still don't understand it.

Leveling the Z axis gantry has been impossible so far.  I have the plastic 100mm stick, and I can get one side adjusted to it with no problem...then I turn off the motors, hold tight to the connector on the side I already adjusted.....and then adjust the other side manually....but as soon as I let go...it moves on its own.    I suspect I may have to loosen the connector to get it closer to level..but I am a little scared to do it.

It is killing me to not already be printing something...but I don't want to fail a print because the machine isn't setup properly.

I have yet to install firmware upgrades because I haven't found a good guide on how to do it yet that I trust...but it is at the top of my todo list.

I have also not installed a modeler or slicer software.  Does anyone have any good recommendations for these?

Messages In This Thread
Beginning to Print an R2 on a CR-10S Pro - by kensho - 09-10-2019, 01:50 PM