This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark III Gripper and Interface Arms
So, 

The gripper and interface arms from version 2 are NOT compatible with the Mark III design. I learned this the hard way... hehe.  I built both tools expecting to slot into my R-5.  However, they are too long and the shoulder hub and servo mounts have been totally changed in Mark III.  Mr. Baddeley was kind enough to publish the version 2 designs.  I took these and modded them to work with the Mark III body.  This included shortening both arms by 20 mm.  I took ten millimeters from both shafts on the gripper tool and twenty millimeters from the fat part of the interface tool.  The upshot is that you can still use the unaltered version 2 pieces in this mod.

Here is the interface arm mod on the print bed.  The changed parts from top left to bottom right are (and these are my names... not sure what Baddeley calls them).  Tool servo mount, large arm pieces, shoulder servo mount, shoulder hub, arm spacer.  

[Image: fullsizeoutput-20ea.jpg]

The spacer was needed to keep the tool from hitting the body when the arm extended.  Additionally the shoulder is now in three pieces to it can print with minimal/no supports.  The whole thing is assembled with 20 and 25mm M4 screws with flat 2mm thick square nuts.

[Image: fullsizeoutput-20eb.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4292.jpg]

Grr... can't post both videos in one post... 

I'll post the .stl files for these tools if anyone is interested.

Eebel

Here is the interface arm video.

Eebel
Good news!  Mr. Baddely has opted to add my mods to his Patreon share.  So I won't be adding them to Thingiverse.  I will add this little video the assembly.  Just having a little fun with Fusion 360!

https://youtu.be/Sb4_AznfYkc